- Hiring Bonus$100 USD
- Refer Reward50%Monthly Salary
We're looking for people who are passionate about creating great web applications. Are you as comfortable composing efficient layouts that work well across various screen sizes and densities as you are debugging performance issues in the persistence layer? Then we need you!
A Typical Week
* You'll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
* You'll collaborate with mobile engineers to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
* You'll learn about new backend technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
* You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
* You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
* Experience using Golang or RoR
* You have curiosity about how things work.
* You’ve been building web applications professionally and can point to things you’ve worked on.
* You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
* You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
* You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
* You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others.
* You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
* You also know that the internet is a scary place and understand security concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
* When things break — and they will -- you are eager and able to help fix things.
* You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
* Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
* Experience with AWS (EC2/RDS/S3/EBS)
* Experience in a startup environment