FutureFuel.io exists to crush student debt. We are an early-stage FinTech startup with a mission to democratize access to student debt repayment and refinancing as a new normal in employee benefits. We are achieving our mission by empowering employers to crush their talent acquisition and retention goals, by introducing a benefit that employees actually care about – student debt relief. Our product is a B2B2C enterprise SaaS platform that fully administers student debt-centric benefits for employers, which is a way more complicated benefit to administer than you'd think.
Our product is not enterprisey – it's awesome. We're really a B2C company, but with a B2B go-to-market strategy, sophistication in tech and in the way we acquire and serve users (through the employer, which gets us out of the crazy expensive auction AND enables us to approach the user in an intelligent manner at scale). We started B2C, so we know a thing or two about this; our female founder, Laurel Taylor, is also a former Googler.
FutureFuel is a young, growing, entrepreneurial company which emphasizes results, so a successful candidate will have a history of achieving positive outcomes.
● Implement and maintain features in FutureFuel's React-based frontend architecture.
● Troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
● Suggest application architecture improvements and recommend process improvements.
● Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
● Document processes for use by other application developers, and to comply with the requirements of the heavily regulated Fintech market.
- 3+ years of professional working experience as a Software Developer.
- Experience developing HTML/CSS code.
- Experience gathering and maintaining information from internal and external APIs.
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience working as a part of Lean/Agile tech teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fits the cultural needs of a growing startup.
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements.
Nice to have
- Track record of developing kick-ass user interfaces, and the ability to demo it and explain the implementation details.
- Preference for previous startup experience.
- Preference for Computer Science or related degree.