CDNetworks is a global content delivery network (CDN) with a fully integrated cloud solution, offering unparalleled speed, security and reliability for the almost instant delivery of web content.
Do you thrive in an environment where the work is varied, challenging and fast paced? Do you want to have a chance to operate state-of-the-art software and IT platforms? Would you like to play a crucial role in supporting businesses to grow by proposing effective solutions to their most pressing technical problems?
We are seeking a driven, diligent and self-motivated Service Operation Centre (SOC) Engineer to join our expanding team!
As a member of our technical support operations centre, you will ensure the highest level of availability and performance of our Content Delivery Network and Cloud Security services. You will work closely with the service provisioning, engineering, security and sales teams to monitor, investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues faced by our customers across multiple countries and industries in the Southeast Asia and Pacific region.
You should be a pro-active team player who is also a clear communicator, a quick learner, detail-oriented, possess a knack for solving a broad range of complex technical problems, and most importantly passionate about Internet and Cloud services.
The Technical Consulting Team is responsible for providing high-quality technical support and advice to internal and external stakeholders, thereby facilitating the establishment of our services. You will work closely with our Global Service Delivery team to build a positive customer experience and deliver solutions that drive overall satisfaction with our technology.
A career in CDNetworks offers challenging work and various opportunities to develop your skills and grow to your fullest potential.
As your knowledge and experience develops, established Service Operation Centre engineers can expect to advance their career in post-sales and pre-sales roles that enable them to utilise their strong technical experience to drive new customer acquisitions for the organisation in partnership with our Sales team. This includes Sales Engineering, Solutions Architecture and Technical Consultancy positions.
• Perform daily monitoring of our services and infrastructure for faults and take corrective action promptly.
• Provide timely response and rapid resolution to all incidents, outages, alerts detected by our monitoring system or reported by our customers via our ticket tracking system.
• Process and provision internal and external service requests, ensuring that all open tickets are appropriately updated and fulfilled within service level commitments.
• Prepare and compile weekly and monthly performance reports for technical analysis.
• Administer and manage the service configurations on our customers’ applications via the Next Generation Platform.
• Collaborate with advanced tier support teams to continually refine and enhance the escalation and notification processes.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of technical documentation related to processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
• Willing to work on a 24/7 or on-call rotating roster.
• Minimum Diploma or Professional Certification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• Possess experience in a customer support or NOC role within a similar industry, ideally with direct exposure to troubleshooting technical issues.
• Well-rounded understanding of technology including Operating Systems (Linux), Networking fundamentals, Internet Protocols (DNS, TCP/ IP, HTTP), Cloud / Cyber Security and Hosting Infrastructure (load balancers, firewalls, etc) is required.
• Proficiency in an Asian language is highly preferred so as to facilitate communication with our customers based across the ASEAN and Pacific region.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to multi-task and work with competing timelines.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Here are just a few of our benefits that we are proud to provide our team with at CDNetworks:
• Exciting opportunities to travel overseas for business meetings, events and exhibitions, collaboration with our global offices on various initiatives and visit our HQ in South Korea for training
• Flexible benefits scheme for health and fitness programmes or personal development courses
• Medical insurance coverage and annual health screenings
• Comprehensive leave benefits
• Monthly mobile allowance
• Monthly team events/meals
• All-access to our well stocked pantry!
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INTERVIEW PROCESS
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to email@example.com
Please ensure that you have the following subject line in your application: [e27] - [SOC Engineer]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
The interview process will consist of a phone interview and face-to-face interviews with HR, the team supervisor/manager for the role and the hiring manager.
Depending on the role applied for, there may also be written or technical assessments conducted.