Fundcalcs is an established start-up setting up a new development office in Lisbon. We are 6 years old - enjoying sustainable, bootstrapped growth. Our SaaS model for semi-bespoke apps involves long-term collaboration between clients and developers. Join us in continuing to use the power of Rails and web to build the future for Fintech automation.
What you will do:
The role involves the design and development of bespoke customer modules - as Rails pluggable engines - to run within the FundCalcs web platform on private, single-tenant instances.
The role also involves mentoring of less experienced developers on the team.
Mostly backend development on rails & postgres
Extract Transform Load (ETL) features are in place for multiple data integration points
Solution design and development can be done in collaboration with the company founder.
- Relational database principles and data modelling
- Full stack web development
- Object-oriented design
- English: conversational and google-able
- Open communication and team collaboration
- Ability to prioritise and independently set work tasks
- If new to Ruby, Rails, git, AWS, Heroku, Linux - be a keen and quick learner..
Nice to have
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, HSTORE, JSONB, SQL
- AWS VPCs, EB, S3, Heroku
- UI / UX design
- Linux / Ubuntu
- MS Excel and Macros (source of requirements)
- functional programming
- Startup environment heavily influenced by the Rails philosophy of doing work
- Flexible approach - to have a positive, collaborative dev team
- Modern tech, on latest stable versions
- Profitable, growing company
- Potential for temporary placement in the Dublin office