Hey, we’re Impraise, a growing, Y-Combinator backed startup with offices in two of the most beautiful city centers of the world, Amsterdam and New York and NOW opening office in Lisbon, Portugal!
We’re on a mission to abolish the painful yearly performance reviews and redefine them so people can use feedback to grow personally and professionally throughout the year. Your work will have a major impact on a huge amount of people working at some of the most high-performance companies in the world.
Work is a huge part of people’s lives. At Impraise you’ll have the chance to work with a team of amazing people with a proven track record of delivering great products.
Check out our Culture Video to discover who we are
A little more about what we do:
Our mission is to help people become successful in their professional life while building a company people love to work at. Think of it to become the fitness tracker of your professional life. We help our clients and users achieve a high-performing work environment by:
Giving continuous insight into your performance
Making it easy to collect feedback and make it insightful
Offering coaching and guidance on next steps in your career
We’ve come a long way already and working together with some amazing clients like Atlassian, Shopify & Booking.com. We see a lot of exciting opportunities and challenges ahead.
*Your challenge as a Back-End Developer: *
You’ll become a core part of our product team. We are currently on a mission to build a product that sets a new standard in the market with regard to the way people’s and organization’s handle performance management and personal development. The team aims to build a product that perfectly integrates with workflows of managers and employees. Some of the most innovative mid-size enterprises in the industry are using our product and the team focuses on building a product that scales with those clients as well meets the high standards of our end-users. Together, we will improve the experience of our two native mobile applications and thrive to deliver an innovative experience to our users.
You will own the full development process of features on a platform that scales to thousands of users. You'll be involved in the conceptual phase, define what the product should look like and build it.
- 3+ years professional experience in computer science working in agile teams
- 2+ years of professional experience using Ruby
- Deep understanding of the Ruby and Ruby on Rails ecosystems
- Unconditional love for TDD
- Experience with Git, and making it a core part of your workflow
- Test driven mentality, with experience with fast paced software development teams
- Strong understanding of modern web development, with a hands on approach to the full stack
Nice to have
- Experience working with a GraphQL API
- Curiosity and personal/small projects in other languages and frameworks, our favourites are Node/JS, Elixir and Go
- An active Github or Bitbucket account with open-source projects or contributions
- Some experience with React and front-end development
- An interest in public speaking & knowledge sharing
- Product ownership - be part of all stages of the development
- Learn from a talented team, advisors and investors from Europe and USA
- Work in the beautiful city of Lisbon, visits of our headquarter office in Amsterdam
- Be involved in building and scaling a great company
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Lunch vouchers
- Company team buildings, celebrations
- Yearly team retreat: we all went to Barcelona this past May!
- Vacation policy: 22 paid vacation days a year
- Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- Ability to work up to 4 weeks per year remote to be with your family and flexible working