Sensei is a business intelligence solution for retail stores management that captures in-store data with great precision by combining sensor technology with computer vision algorithms.
This data is represented in a SaaS platform to enable retailers from fashion store chains to supermarket chains to easily analyze, manage and benchmark their business without effort while relating this information with other sales channels (e- commerce sites, POS, social networks) and third-party data (weather, calendar, logistics and human resources). This allows retail managers to access all relevant analytics about their store, staff, customers and campaigns in real-time from any location and get useful insights about their business
Research and develop hardware solutions for commercial products and services that contain, but not limited to: image capture, video processing, and object interaction detection.
Develop and prototype hardware and firmware solutions that will embed vision, video analytics, data processing, and analysis;
Integrate and test Sensei's Computer Vision algorithms;
Design, simulate, and characterize the power performance of the above electronic circuits;
Write with clarity detailed hardware functional specifications, test plans, and test reports;
Supervise hardware sourcing to ensure that it meets specification criteria (board form factor/size, power, performance, thermal, among others);
Supervise product standards and all required certifications for European and American markets;
Support product validation and related QA activities;
Produce internal and manufacture documentation to support the solutions developed;
Interface with other disciplines and roles in the Sensei team, including Software engineering, Project management, and Customer Support;
- MSc (Ph.D. preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field with 3 to 4 years’ industry experience;
- 2-3 years experience in Matlab and Object Oriented programming languages (C++/C#/Java);
- Solid knowledge in two of the following areas: optics, geometric computer vision, cameras and cameras networks, device calibration;
- Previous experience in overseas hardware sourcing;
Nice to have
- Highly organized and strong results orientation.
- Experience in Python is a plus;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Opportunity for growth to leadership in a hot, venture-backed startup;
- The rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on growth;
- Move to Lisbon and benefiting from the wonderful weather and food;
- You will find an open, collaborative environment with a tier one team;