Muse is creating an advanced AI to search the world's video. We are looking for engineers who come from backgrounds in electronics, and electronics engineering -- who are looking for a new challenge. You will be comfortable with both front-end and back-end software development and care deeply about performance. You will join a team who has this background & we like this background because you intricately understand the performance and tradeoffs of the software you write and the need for simplicity.
If want to be at the forefront of search and discovery to make searching video as intuitive as recalling a memory in your mind.
We are working across the edges of storage & distributed file systems, machine learning infrastructure, high performance computing and novel intuitive user interfaces across (web, mobile, voice and beyond).
You will be working closely with our CTO, who is in Lisbon to work on the following challenges:
Scalable and reliable Petabyte scale storage systems for video -- supporting the main product and machine learning/data infrastructure
Reliable Machine learning and web services infrastructure -- productionizing algorithms from research grade to production grade exposed as microservices
Faster Video ingestion and distributed processing infrastructure
Intuitive User facing components: integrating front end, machine learning algorithms and backend APIs
Low latency search and fast video playback infra
You should have a passion for making things fast, with an astute intuition for the right tradeoffs between memory, computation and complexity.
- Fluency in Python and C/C++
- Experience of Distributed file systems
- Intimate familiarity with linux
- Background in Electronics, Electronics and Computer Engineering or low-level embedded software development (e.g. FPGAs)
- Personal Website & URLs of live projects
- Demonstrated experience of setting deadlines and shipping/making tradeoffs
- Superb communication and process management skills for software delivery
- Passionately loves technology and looking for a hard challenge not a 9/5 job
Nice to have
- Machine learning experience/background
- Youve worked with video before and have a passion for it
- High salary
- Trips to HQ in NYC & meeting clients for gathering requirements
- Health Benefits
- Food allowances
- work on something audacious