- Hiring Bonus$100 USD
- Refer Reward50%Monthly Salary
As a Data Scientist, you will be a member of the Business Intelligence team, responsible for discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better content. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Conducts advanced data analysis and highly complex designs algorithm.
- Applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems.
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods, such as automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, improve and extend the features used by our existing classifier, develop internal A/B testing procedures, build system for automated fraud detection
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Conduct undirected research and frame open-ended industry questions
- Extract huge volumes of data from multiple internal and external sources
- Thoroughly clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Devise data-driven solutions to the most pressing challenges
- Invent new algorithms to solve problems and build new tools to automate work
- Communicate predictions and findings to management and IT departments through effective data visualizations and reports
- Being involved in recruitment of new team members
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PHD degree preferred.
- Typically requires 5 or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits and statistical packages, such as R, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.•
- Strong scripting and programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading teams
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Data-oriented personality