XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. We work hands-on to solve real-world problems and make the working life of millions of people a better one everyday, creating digital products on a massively scaled platform.
We currently have an opening for a Ruby on Rails Developer in Barcelona.
As a member of our talented team, under Agile Development methodologies, your focus will be the development and maintenance of our web-based Recruiting products. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area.
- Experience with Ruby On Rails and MySQL
- Testing (Unit Testing/TDD/BDD)
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- Team spirit and will to share knowledge with other experts
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Experience with modern web technologies across the whole stack: React, Backbone.js, Marionette
- Regular contributions to open source projects
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- Regular team and offsite events
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment
- Option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week
- Flexible working hours and some days of "work from home" to support your work-life balance
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee and snacks
- Flexible compensation plan (health insur-ance/transport/nursery tickets)
- Spanish/German lessons
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use
- You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona with a large terrace
- 30 days of holidays
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users
- We're an Open Source contributor and we also organize public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups. Check our engineering blog!