XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. We work hands-on to solve real-world problems and make the working life of millions of people a better one everyday, creating digital products on a massively scaled platform.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate iOS developer to be part of a new engineering team in our Barcelona office. Within the XING iOS app, you will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
At XING Events located in Munich and Barcelona we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities.
For that we are offering products like the events market, the communities and also an online event ticketing solution. We are a XING subsidiary currently employing around 80 people. Always keeping our vision in mind: “For people moments that matter”.
As a Senior iOS Developer at XING you will:
Not just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product
Work in close collaboration with product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context
Be part of the overall XING community of iOS developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code
- Professional mobile and device programming experience
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON, maybe even complemented by some back-end experience
- Proficient in Objective-C, and ideally also in Swift, as that is what we are migrating our code to
- Excellent Cocoa, Cocoa Touch and Core Framework skills (CoreData, CoreText, QuartzCore)
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge about general software development patterns
- You like to work in a team and you are dedicated to what you are doing
- You are used to work with collaboration tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- You are fluent in English
Nice to have
- You already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles
- Having experience with unit testing and/or automated testing frameworks would be a big plus
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- Regular team and offsite events
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment
- Option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week
- Flexible working hours and some days of "work from home" to support your work-life balance
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee and snacks
- Flexible compensation plan (health insur-ance/transport/nursery tickets)
- Spanish/German lessons
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use
- You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona with a large terrace
- 30 days of holidays
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users
- We're an Open Source contributor and we also organize public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups. Check our engineering blog!