Daltix is a startup from Ghent (BE) with offices in Boom (BE) and Lisbon (PT) bringing real-time insights to the world of retail. We have developed a set of tools to gather, process and analyze e-commerce data from webshops. Recently we've got an office upgrade and are localized in a beautiful office near Cais Do Sodre. In the middle of the city center where "work hard & play hard" just all makes more
Implementing streaming and batch data processing pipelines on large datasets: our codebase is in Python.
Cleaning, analyzing and extracting datasets from external sources.
Developing web crawlers.
Writing and deploying Data APIs.
Guarantee data integrity and quality by extending our logging, monitoring and outlier detection systems.
- You have a master in computer engineering (or relevant).
- Programming experience with one or more languages: Python, C#, Java, Scala, C/C++, ...
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL.
- Linux experience.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You are passionate about data engineering and you can demonstrate a hands on experience with data analysis tools.
Nice to have
- Experience with big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Elasticsearch).
- Excellent coding skills and deep knowledge of SQL.
- Good understanding of cloud possibilities and limitations in the areas of distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- You get energy from working in a highly complex and challenging startup environment with a high tech product.
- An open-minded working environment
- Team dinner
- Belgian beers
- Good vibes only
- Bad jokes