Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in Europe-aligned time zones between UTC-2 and UTC+4.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Product Designer who is passionate about creating simple and elegant solutions to complex problems which will help design the future of Hotjar – a solution used by thousands of users worldwide. Product designers serve a vital role here by creating simple, engaging experiences, iteratively improving the user journey, and crafting every product detail. We appreciate designers who think in systems, are eager to validate their work, can communicate effectively, and love collaboration and feedback.
Hotjar is a rapidly growing startup which gives thousands of website owners, teams and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity in a key position where you can make a difference in the UX community and industry.
As a Product Designer, you will:
Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into simple and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
Be a part of one of our multidisciplinary product teams to lead the design process, facilitate design discussions and validate product/experience changes and improvements.
Produce engaging experiences using design flows, sketches, prototypes to collect feedback, and iteratively improve and support the design process.
Translate wireframes and experiences into high-fidelity visual composites with attention to interaction design which follow style and brand guidelines.
Collaborate with design leadership, stakeholders, and engineers in an iterative, transparent and feedback driven process.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €70,000 annually based on your experience and skill-level. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience designing experiences for desktops, tablets and phones.
- Experience leading user testing sessions and validating design efforts.
- Demonstrated ability in the entire product development process, from research and problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design.
- Ability to prototype ideas quickly and iterate as many times as needed using tools such as InVision, Framer, Principle, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent self-starter who always thinks MVP first, collaborates effectively with engineers, and has the ability to work in an agile and fast-paced team.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
Nice to have
- Assets: Experience using Sketch, HTML / CSS / JS development, experience working embedded in a team of developers, experience working remotely.
- Remote & flexible
- Prestigious clients
- Kindle + Personal development budget
- Personal Home office budget
- Make a difference
- Only the best hardware and software
- Work with a very talented team