In your role as an iOS Engineer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning while working in a challenging environment. Working together with enthusiastic colleagues, you will be collaborating and diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. You will contribute to a great architecture and build the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application.
Deliver high-quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex features sets and frameworks
Collaborate cross-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack and infrastructure
Shape, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
Manage technical debt
Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- Experience with iOS development (1-3 years)
- Excellent understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features concerning technology and user experience
- Excellent engineering practices including design patterns, testing, and continuous integration
- Confidence in driving architectural decisions
- Proficiency in long-term maintenance of complex code bases and handling of legacy code
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).