Work with us
It takes a particular kind of spirit to work in the Photobox group. It’s not for everyone. For a start, we’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We thrive on each other’s passion for delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo. We look for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and wow customers.
We can be chaotic in our methods and while this is something we’re getting better at, the reality is when you join us, you won’t necessarily have clear structures and processes to guide you. We need people who can carve their own path and even work with others to show us the way. If you see this as the freedom to fly, read on.
What you will get from us is a whole heap of people who want to help you succeed. People who are passionate about seeing our business thrive. People who want to share what they know and what they’ve learned with you. You’ll get the chance to work on projects that are changing the experience for customers and colleagues, and everyone is welcome.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, but who are up for doing things differently as well. In return we’ll invest all we can in making sure you get the best from our family of brands, because we do everything. This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently. And enjoy it. Business might be serious, but we don’t have to take ourselves too seriously.
What You’ll Be Doing
We're looking for an experienced Agile Coach to join the engineering function at Photobox to work alongside other Agile practitioners. Initially you will be embedded within the Android and iOS apps team and over time you might find yourself supporting other teams. The Phobotox apps team is a mature Agile team and is currently embarking on an exciting new mission with many new challenges ahead.
Specifically we need you to:
- Enable teams to become self organising
- Actively identify areas of improvement along with methods and techniques that help the team to be more efficient
- Help teams to resolve challenges related to how they work and interact within the team and with other teams
- Facilitate group sessions such as planning, retrospectives, conflict resolution, decision making, team and project kick-offs
- Act as a mentor to individuals, teams and leadership to understand, apply and experiment with Agile and Lean practices
- Be an active member of the Agile community within the Photobox Group to share learnings and research
- Coach individuals, as needed, in areas like professional growth and interpersonal interactions (including conflict resolution)
Nice to have
- You are experienced working in and with multiple Agile teams
- You having experience applying concepts and techniques from multiple Agile and Lean approaches including Scrum and Kanban
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
- You care about continuous learning and to apply improvements in a practical way
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change at various levels of the organisation
- You can navigate the complexities of an organisation that’s going through a large transformation programme
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Denplan Private dental insurance (Depending on Grade)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £10000 interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)