Gig economy marketplace based in Singapore, launched in April 2018. Funded by ZBJ Network Inc (China unicorn freelancing website) and Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.
ZomWork is a small company with big plans. With our platform, companies can find talented people to take on projects from graphic design, to marketing, to app development flexibly and reliably to companies and individuals with the right skills, and expertise. We strive to create a worldwide community of knowledge workers who will learn, earn and live both on our platform and at our physical space; serving the creative needs of hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide.
ZomWork is a joint-venture company co-owned by two partners. Zhubajie.com is the dominant leader (with >80% of the market) for freelancing work in China and is valued at US$1Bn. Singapore Press Holdings Ltd is not only Singapore’s dominant newspaper, magazine and radio company, but also owns successful digital properties like Sgcartmart, Shareinvestor, Hardwarezone, and Stomp.
The Manager supports ZomWork customers by developing business among SMEs and Startups who have IT projects to be outsourced- app and website development, BI tools, migration to the cloud, and so on. Our sweet spot are projects at S$100k and below, so you’ll need to go for volume more so than big projects with long sales cycles.
This role fits someone who wants to be an own a vision, who wants to be a trailblazer, and loves getting their hands dirty to get things done exactly the way they want it. We have a specific dream to create a global knowledge marketplace that exists both online and offline, and we want someone who believes in that mission, and is excited by the challenge to execute on it like it’s his or her own personal mission make this work. We mentioned we have big plans; and we do. Singapore is just the first step in our journey- we will be going into other South-East Asian countries soon, as quickly as 2018. So you’ll also need to be excited by a company that intends to grow very fast.
The kind of people we're eager to work with:
• Has a can-do attitude.
• Can work independently and resourcefully to do whatever it takes to succeed.
• Perhaps the most important- is excited and motivated to be part of a startup team, where whatever he/she can achieve is only constrained by his own ability.
• Proactively and independently network with startups and SMEs, to get business opportunities in IT outsourcing.
• Develop channels that can reach out to startups and SMEs- ASME, Co-working spaces, and so on.
• More than two years of experience, in a sales and BD role.
• Based in Singapore.
• Preferred background in the IT industry- to understand how to sell IT projects.