LeasePlan has been innovating on a global scale for more than 50 years. With around 1.7 million cars in over 30 countries, LeasePlan is the largest, most authoritative lease company of its kind in the world.
To continue LeasePlan success story in the fast-moving automotive industry, we are building innovative new software platforms, applications and enabling business models that will help define "what's next" for cars and mobility around the globe. We are located in Amsterdam and are a growing international team with a start-up culture that gives you the opportunity to apply your talents on a global scale.
LeasePlan is committed to the uptake of electric vehicles and is a founding partner of EV100 - a new major global transport initiative designed to fast track the uptake of electric vehicles among corporate companies. We are working to transform LeasePlan into a data-driven company that delivers any car, anytime, anywhere.
LeasePlan is therefore keen to strengthen its Data Science team with Data Engineers to further accelerate the usage of data in maximising long-term customer satisfaction and value-creation.
As a Lead Big Data Architect you will work together with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and IT on challenging projects to create insights from data and turn these into technology solutions.
The Data Engineering team is well versed with big data technology stack and are responsible for the definition, conception and construction of Big Data platforms and solutions and implementing analytical insights in decision making processes.
The Data Engineering team will use Big Data programming languages and technology, write code, complete programming and documentation, and perform testing and debugging of applications. Data Engineers might also run ETL to integrate data from different sources and create warehouses for analysis and reporting purposes.
The Lead Big Data Architect will be responsible for the architecture of the platform that the Data Engineers will build. We are looking for someone with a true interest on big data technology and willingness to create and continuously improve the top-notch data platform for data scientists, machine learning specialists, and analysts for their advanced analytics and reporting solutions.
This is a strategical position, but will also require a hands-on approach and a service minded attitude. You need to have a clear vision and a sharp business sense.
Data Engineers will work with AWS (Cloudformation),SQL, ETL (Airflow), Business Objects (design), etc.
A highly competitive starting salary and an incredibly fun and entrepreneurial working environment. In this environment, we give you the ability to have an impact at scale and to work with a diversity of data (and car) enthusiasts across the globe!
- You are a very senior data engineer with 5-10 years experience;
- Experience leading a team
- Strategical thinker with a very good understanding of the Big Picture, able to develop a vision on how LeasePlan Digital data assets will develop during the coming years;
- You are hand -on but also have the ability to guide junior architects and engineers;
- Patient, dedicated and loyal with a proper house-building attitude;
- Execution: Result-driven, pragmatic and persuasive;
- A passion for solving complex business challenges using analytics on large amounts of data;
- Collaborative (with strong relation-building skills), but Independent self-starter with strong work ethic;
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, innovative start-up like environment;
- Academic degree (BSC/MSC) in Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or another quantitative field;
- Knowledge on analytical and statistical techniques (e.g. regression, forecasting, machine learning);
- Affinity with programming languages and analytical tools such as SQL, R, Python and XML (scientists/ engineers);
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, C#. *
The smartest colleagues in the industry;
Flexible and independent working culture;
Global impact (we are transforming the business across over 30 countries);
Practically greenfield (not a lot of legacy);
Fast moving (we are constantly launching and rolling-out new features);
Disrupting the mobility/automotive industry;
Part of B.3, a vibrant start-up/scale up nest in the middle of the Amsterdam tech scene;
We might have a start up vibe, but LeasePlan is a well established company and our benefit package reflects that;
30 paid holiday days + 13th month + bonus;
Premium free pension;
Relocation package (incl. partner and kids), including a net amount, temporary housing and support getting settled in;
Health insurance discount;
Fitness discount in a number of partner gyms.