- Hiring Bonus$100 USD
- Refer Reward50%Monthly Salary
We are an exciting start-up delivering a PaaS platform for the Internet of Things. The Ayla Platform™ is the industry’s only complete end-to-end solution for transforming everyday products into cloud-connected devices quickly, easily and economically. Ayla combines its innovative and highly efficient technology with best-in-class hardware, applications, cloud-based services and digital information services to allow manufacturers to reinvent their products for the smartphone era.
We are looking for an exceptional Engineer to join the Ayla Device team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working in an engineering culture that is customer focused
- Design and implement test suites for new product features, and to test new embedded communications modules.
- Design and implement test suites for software products running in a Linux embedded environment.
- Documentation of test plans and test reports for Ayla customers.
- Design and implement automated testing frameworks for reliable regression testing of networking software across multiple device types.
- Test devices using a broad range of connectivity protocols and technologies such as WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth, Zigbee (802.15.4), etc.
- Play an important role in verifying and maintaining product quality, making a significant impact on Ayla’s success
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience developing automated test frameworks for networking software
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP(S), and devices communicating with a RESTful web service
- Experienced with scripting languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with embedded C or C++.
- Familiar with testing embedded devices, systems and microcontrollers.
- Experience with Linux and associated gnu networking tools such as curl and OpenSSL.
- Familiar with the software engineering processes needed to deliver high-quality software.
- Familiar with development tools such as source control (git), bug tracking (JIRA), test management (TestRail) and JTAG debuggers.
- Ready to work in a startup where you will be working in a lot of different technical areas, may wear many hats, and are prepared to tackle the unknown
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
This position will be part of a new, exciting and high growth industry. If you are a driven Engineer with the applicable knowledge and experience, please apply today!