- Hiring Bonus$100 USD
- Refer Reward50%Monthly Salary
Who You Are:
You're a conscientious, passionately curious, and calculated risk taker. Uncertainty doesn't scare you, and you're excited about the potential to create a lasting impact on how customers interact with companies. You don't want to be the smartest person in the room, and you enjoy working with the latest technologies to solve some of the toughest problems in 2018. You'd rather help design the machine than be a cog in an existing one.
We're looking for a Data Science Engineering Intern to support our growing data science team. You will work day to day with our CTO and CIO to bring world-class products into production.
Who We Are:
Pluvio is on a mission to help eCommerce companies and content producers reimagine their digital experiences. We're producing interactive, dynamic, and engaging customer experiences and bridging the online to offline ecosystems through an AI and graph powered adaptive experience engine. By anticipating consumer behavior and aspirations in real-time, we're helping companies to make their customers feel understood, and ultimately, increase revenue, average cart sizes, customer engagement, and brand loyalty.
What We're Working On:
• Natural Language Processing and Query Understanding
• Machine Vision/Image Processing and Understanding
• Large-scale Machine Learning
What You'll Do:
• Work with CTO, CIO, and CEO to understand business problems and define goals
• Design and develop predictive machine learning systems that support our technology infrastructure
• Write platform tests (unit, functional, stress, performance, etc)
• Conduct ad-hoc data analysis to characterize and evaluate product features and other areas of the company; translating the data that we are collecting into concise, clear, and actionable insights
• Collect training data to use in our deep learning models
• Share insights into roadblocks or inefficiencies in data across teams and educate teams on best practices and aid in future growth
What We Look For:
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; you are familiar with and are currently enrolled in a program related to techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields
• Speak fluent English
• Demonstrated capabilities using applied statistics in a professional or other intensive problem-solving environment with complex datasets
• Experience with Python and Python Flask framework and (or desire to learn) Keras, Theanos, PyTorch, TensorFlow, SciKitLearn, Spark, etc
• Knack for identifying and correcting problems in imperfect data, understanding where issues and biases may result in an analysis
• You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers
• You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and can solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches
• You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn
Salary and benefits depend on experience. If this sounds like you, let's get to know each other!