AfterShip Limited can provide a visa.
Are you a financial gatekeeper with a great track record?
We already have an awesome part-time accountant onboard and are looking for a Finance Manager to join us as our teams are rapidly expanding and we have ambitious plans for further growth!
We are looking for a Finance Manager to look after our Hong Kong and China operations by safeguarding assets and assuring accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
The Finance Manager will manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for both Hong Kong and China in terms of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general and entity accounting, cost accounting, human resources, operations, etc.
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Hackathons, happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home policy
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship (if required)
The FM can look forward to:
- Preparation of financial statements
- Perform all month-end and year-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide monthly financial statements to the Board within 10 days of month end (to include P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Preparation of management reports as directed
- Work with department heads to prepare standardized reports for items such as trade shows, marketing and advertising ROI as well as a variety of sales reports
The FM will manage day-to-day accounting operations, including:
- Overseeing of terms granted to clients and customers (domestic and international)
- Proactive oversight and processing of weekly expense reports, accounts receivable and collections efforts with weekly tracking and credit hold reporting to leadership team and investors
- Overseeing weekly cash management, approves weekly payables; executes check-signing
- Ensuring proper maintenance of fixed assets, reporting and all accounting systems as well as functions
- Ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal compliance controls and financial procedures
- Preparing commission calculations, including any true-ups for bad debt, etc.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of all accounting-related functions and systems, with ability to train employees on the platform
- Interfacing with banks, insurance companies, credit card companies and credit collection companies to receive highly competitive terms
- Handling audit and tax and some compliance and ensuring the company is prepared for annual audit, including but not limited to preparing tax filings and working with third parties
- Preparing quarterly tax estimates to provide to CEO and investors at least two-weeks prior to the quarterly tax filing deadline
- Being responsible for ensuring timely delivery of employee tax forms and all other tax filings
- Working closely with CEO to manage annual reporting
- Spearheading the development of a granular annual budget (detail to include monthly P&L, cash flow and balance sheet, account/product level revenue forecast and full detail for all key expense drivers)
- Budget preparation and tracking as well as tracking performance to budget at each department, with variance reports provided monthly to the CEO, the leadership team and each department head
- Reporting on monthly calls how the company is performing against both short and long-term strategy and annual budget
- Human capital related responsibilities such as managing benefits, payroll processing and expenses
We look forward to welcoming someone onboard with…
- A current CPA license preferred with Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience (minimum of three years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles)
- Proficient in Mac OSX and experience with Quickbooks
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Understanding of and prior working experience working for / with Big4 accounting and auditing firms, familiar with auditing standards and consolidated financial statement preparation
- Has successfully managed a department with multiple people
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses