AfterShip Limited can provide a visa.
Are you THE ultimate gatekeeper of gatekeepers?
We already have awesome senior backend engineers onboard and are looking for more engineers to join us as our teams are rapidly expanding and we have ambitious plans for further growth!
We are looking for experienced a senior backend engineer with experience in building successful products or systems. If you are interested in building world-class developer-friendly APIs with other passionate engineers who ship fast and are motivated about what they build, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Hackathons, happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home policy
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship (if required)
Our tech stacks:
- Major programming language(s): Node.js, React.js
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, Redis
- Monitoring: New Relic, Pingdom, Runscope, StatusPage
- Automation: Ansible, Packer
- Queue: Beanstalk
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Travis CI, Bitrise
- Tools: Atlassian Suite
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio
The engineer can look forward to:
- Applying best practices to building scalable APIs with high maintainability
- Designing API architecture and interface that developers love
- Building new RESTful API endpoints that fit in with the rest of our API
- Building infrastructure that’s specific to our APIs, e.g. serving webhooks with low latency
- Serving as on-call for our API, e.g. responding to API abuse impacting our databases
- Working with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
We are looking to welcome onboard someone with:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 4+ experience experience with Node.js (our main coding language), engineers who have an interest to pick up node.js with prior experience with Python / Java / PHP / Ruby are also welcome
- Hands-on experience building APIs, preferably for external developers
* Candidates with less experience will be considered junior backend engineer / candidates with more experience may be considered as team lead
* Candidates with front-end experience will be considered as fullstack engineer