Our client is a disruptive Singapore based product company with over 100 staff and growing from strength to strength. They are expanding their development team extensively, and are seeking a Senior PHP Developer. PHP developers form the backbone of the engineering team, handling a range of tasks from server-side development to the building, maintaining, and fixing the inner workings of our software products.
Part of our Engineering team, you'll thrive in this environment if you are self-motivated and detail-oriented, and can architect and engineer clean, well-documented code. This is a great opportunity to work on a number of innovative and disruptive features and work closely with cross functional teams to ship world class products, in a growing, dynamic and forward thinking start up environment.
· Architect, engineer, maintain, and optimise new and existing code for all assigned products
· Produce documentation for code and development
· Understand and communicate what works, what doesn't, and why to the product team from a technical perspective
· Work closely with other developers and other functional teams in an advanced Agile environment
· write clear, well-organized, reusable modular code and library for the team of developers.
· At least 3 years of experience working with PHP and MySQL (LAMP).
· Architecture and development experience
· Experience with CodeIgniter or any of Yaf, Zend, CakePHP, Yii, Kohana etc.
· Expert skills in OOP, maintainability and performance optimization
· Experience with vue.js, Angular.js etc.
· Experience with SVN or Git.
· Experience with REST, SOAP, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, CDN, Elastic Search etc.
· Basic knowledge in system administration (Linux) and familiar with working with Linux based PHP environment and bash scripting.
· Experience working in an AGILE framework
· Self-motivated, able to solve problems and ability to study and learn independently.
· Strong self-management skills and communication skills in English
· Mandarin speaking is a bonus to be able to communicate with China based teams
· Experience with SQL, valid HTML/HTML5 and CSS layouts is a bonus
· Interested in implementing robust web application, optimizing database performance, data caching and server caching etc.