As a junior software engineer you will work closely with a designated Senior Engineer mentor in the implementation of new features as well as support and maintenance of the Saleswhale product.
In the near future you are expected to grow to be able to design, implement, and deliver product features with minimum supervision as well as take ownership of some parts of the product.
- Participate in the planning and design of new product features.
- Write lots of maintainable code and their corresponding unit tests.
- Deploy your well written and tested code to Production.
- Maintain and refactor old code.
- Provide support to the Customer Success team to debug/fix issues faced by customers.
- Occasionally perform manual testing and write documentation.
Who we are looking for
- Proactive and Driven - Self motivated, can work and deliver with minimal supervision, always takes initiative in finding and solving problems, able to adapt to the dynamic and fast changing environment of a startup.
- Team Player - Comfortable working in team, treating your peers with respect and dignity, willing to receive & give feedback to grow both personally and as an engineer.
- Technically Inclined - Genuinely interested in anything technical related and enjoys building things.
- Fast Learner - Intellectually curious, shows desire to learn quickly, always wants to improve.
Skills and Experience
- BSc/BA in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalents, fresh graduate welcomed.
- Good Computer Science fundamentals.
- Demonstrates strong skill and high interest in programming
- Good knowledge of Database and SQL.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
Good to have
- Experience with API design and implementation.
- Experience with an application Framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django.
- Experience with Amazon AWS or equivalents.
If you are interested in the role, please send us your resume and feel free to share with us the work that you are most proud of (source code, website, ... ).