Our client is a modern thriving player in the creative photography and digital domain. They provide an online ecommerce market place for creative, and are seeking a talented full stack web developer to lead the full revamp of their platform as well as internal systems development.
This role requires a hands on developer who has an eye for design, and someone who can lead a team of 2 and grow the existing team as the company is going through its current expansion phase. This is a permanent role in a collaborative, fun and creative environment, with exposure and further learning opportunities in the latest cutting edge web development languages.
· Hands-on development of the company’s ecommerce websites
· Defines and project manages the development strategy for the company
· Develops responsive hybrid platforms for usability in PC, mobile & tablet
· Adheres to industry best web standards, usability & best practices
· Provides scoping & estimating for development tasks
· Works closely with the design and content teams
· Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by Directs and prioritizes the work load of junior team members
· Effective vendor management of outsourced developers
· Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
· Takes full ownership, accountability and passion towards design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
· Analyse and proactively improve internal team processes by keeping what's working and changing what isn’t.
· You will efficiently and competently solve tricky software challenges, because continuous further development and active knowledge exchange mean that you will be working with the latest methods and tools and always be on trend.
· 5+ years of experience as a developer, with end to end web development projects completed
· Knowledge of Angular & ReactJS: strong experience in at least one of these
· NodeJS + Express Framework
· Knowledge developing RESTFul API's with JSON
· AWS language skills
· Basic knowledge of PHP and Symfony Framework
· HTML5, CSS3 with SaSS
· Excellent communication and requirements gathering skills: Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
· A logical approach to problem solving
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar
Value Added Skills
· Ecommerce specific website development experience
· A creative eye for beautiful front end UI design
· Versatile: relishes and thrives in an unstructured start up environment.
· Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry
· Solid software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, and system architecture)
· Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing