Cultural Data Scientist
As a cultural data scientist you will humanise big data with behavioural and cultural insights to help organisations we partner with to develop empathy with the people they serve. You will apply a range of tools - from semiotic frameworks to regression analysis - to find validated meaning in the millions of data points we extract every day.
We’re looking for curious people who want to be at the cutting edge of empathy at scale. We love that you may be interdisciplinary and currently formulate solutions from large sets of disparate data. However, we’re also excited if you’re fascinated about merging AI with human and cultural understanding. You could be social scientists who are excited to map and analyse tens of millions of data points of a culture in days and not years; or data scientists who want to underpin digital behavioural and predictive models with cultural context.
How you will add value to our team:
- Manage projects from framing to delivering solutions
- Extract data points across multiple digital channels and apply Quilt.ai machine learning processes, anthropological frameworks and validation tools to identify human and cultural insights
- Answer complex problems with sharp solutions that our partners can action
- Work with the team to develop new cultural and machine learning models and processes
What you will be bring to Quilt.ai:
- At least 2 years experience in any of the following areas: Anthropology, sociology, semiotics, and/or Data science and analytics, quantitative research, and/or Qualitative research
- Openness to learn from and actively engage with a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, researchers and domain experts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow-through skills