AlemHealth’s hardware and software connects hospitals in developing countries to a global network of diagnostic imaging, pathology, and specialist consultation services. Our doctor network raises the quality of care for patients in emerging markets, at affordable prices.
AlemHealth is a fast-growing startup providing digital health services in some of the most difficult environments on the planet. In this role, you’ll be tasked with optimising our applications for speed, security, and most of all, availability. The faster we deploy, the more patients get access.
About the Software Engineer position
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers who will assist us with design, development and installation of software solutions. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality.
You should be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Senior Software Engineer responsibilities are:
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Prepare specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Prepare software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Organize documenting and maintenance of software functionality
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Provide support and consulting on software systems usage
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
- Mentor and coach other software engineers in your squad
Software Engineer requirements are:
- 5+ years' experience of working as a Computer Software Engineer
- Significant experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework, such as Django, Flask or Node.JS/ExpressJS
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (PostgresSQL, SQLI )
- Good experience in designing interactive applications with test-driven development
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes
- Experience with AWS tooling, RabbitMQ, Celery preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering