Job description & requirements
Oddle is a Singapore-based startup that provides a smart online ordering system which enables F&B business owners to manage their own take-away orders and grow their business. Since our platform launched in 2014, Oddle is heating up the food delivery space, with over USD16 million worth of orders transacted!
We offer a cloud-based, e-commerce and orders management solution which caters specifically to the operations of F&B businesses. Our solution is a unified, all-in-one online ordering system which funnels all orders to designated restaurants.
The Oddle Data Team makes sense of data we receive about online delivery and takeaway businesses and turns them into actionable business insights. We help our merchants succeed by providing data-driven insights to help them improve their online delivery business. We also seek to improve internal processes of different business units within Oddle and help these business units understand the merchants and the F&B industry as a whole.
What you will do:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and maintain data warehouse from multiple data sources
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights and business definitions
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on process improvements
- Establish effective and adaptable stakeholder working group
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Work with development team to enhance capabilities of internal analytics
- Use your creativity and intuition to help solve challenging problems faced by the Business users
- Provide support to users and assist business unit controllers in translating data requirements into deliverables
- Present results of analysis to team and other stakeholders
- Provide hands-on support with customer engagements
You'll need to have:
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or similar field
- At least 2-3 years of experience working as a Data Analyst or similar role
- Strong background on writing queries for both SQL and NoSQL (specifically MongoDB)
- Proficient knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, R Program, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience or interest in PostgreSQL
We'd love to see:
- An ability identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Experience with big data engines, such as Hadoop
- Possess practical knowledge and understanding of basic issues and techniques in data management and warehousing with relational database management systems
- You're comfortable running with your own ideas and eager to learn new skills on a bleeding edge platform
- Fluency in Python and experienced with open source machine learning and data analysis libraries, models, and tools (scikit-learn, pandas, nupic, mllib, keras, etc.)
What’s it like working at Oddle?
Looking to immerse yourself right at the heart of the start-up ecosystem? You are looking at the “next big thing”. Since our inception in 2014 as a B2B company, Oddle has been a leading force in offering the best-in-class enterprise software that transforms how restaurants participate in the online revolution and how people order food online.
With Oddle, you can be part of creating the most exciting user experiences for people all over the world. With more than 60 people across our offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Taipei and Vietnam, we strive to be world-changing and continue blazing the trail - creating the most exhilarating food ordering consumer experiences and improving business decisions through data.
An intuitive and seamless food ordering system for our users is what we constantly seek to provide. We take convenience and engagement to a whole new level. As one of the world’s most transformative start-ups, we ensure that food ordering will never be the same again.