Job description & requirements
Mentorica is a start-up building DAMS, a big data platform offering machine learning and AI as a service.
Traditional retailers are in pain. Analysts say it is imperative for retailers to reinvent themselves and
the keywords are “Omnichannel Analytics” — that is take data from disparate channels, and unify it
into a more holistic view of performance.
Our DAMS platform just does that in a big data environment:
- Gathering data at every datasource: customer data but also internal data.
- Mining that data to develop actionable insights: Machine learning algorithms to know better the customers and also to reduce the costs of operations for the retailers.
Our lead software engineer...
Mentorica is currently searching for a new lead developer:
- Identify areas for improvement, and create specifications.
- Work from high level requirements through detailed specifications, prototypes, software deployment, and administration.
- Flexible ability to work in a very dynamic environment with the ability to understand the interrelationships between the data across all functions.
- Ability to lead development projects and communicate with end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field), +4/5 years of experience.
- Groovy or Java (web). Our application is developed with the Grails framework (MVC). Experience in using frameworks like spring is a plus.
- AWS knowledge.
- Database design, SQL (PostgreSQL).
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and social and communication skills, written and verbal.
- A Positive attitude to lead a team of junior developers and share knowledge with them.
- Good knowledge of machine learning, data engineering or ETL development.
Good to have skills:
- Good code writing habits.
- Knowledge of Python and Spark is a big plus.
- Agile experience.
What’s it like working at Mentorica Technology?
Personal development is our highest priority.
Flexible working hours.