Job description & requirements
Our client is a global software consultancy focused on transforming ideas into smart, seamless business solutions for their clients through cutting edge IT products.
This role offers unparalleled exposure to a variety of on trend technologies and exciting end to end projects. You will thrive in this environment if you are both passionate about technology, and have excellent consultative, communication, problem solving and people management skills.
You will be responsible for the overall performance and management of the engineering team including appraisals, reporting, coaching and mentoring. Experience as a Scrum Master or Architect will be highly advantageous for this role, to enable you to lead by example and have increased impact on projects.
· 8+ years of overall application development experience with 3+ years of team management experience of teams of 10 or more
· Over several years in your profession, you have gained a broad knowledge of different technologies and methods.
· You are willing to actively shape and develop the career of your colleagues.
· You have strong communication skills and you are sensitive to different requirements, cultures and personality types.
· You understand modern software development processes and procedures and will value efforts in building high quality software and support the engineers in doing so.
· You will be engaged to project coordination among various stakeholders and planning with development teams to make sure that goals are met.
· You have experience in managing stakeholders and actively leveraging their expectations from team level up to senior management.
· Experience in non MNC type environments such as start-ups whereby you are wholly responsible for introducing and implementing methodologies from the ground up, as a new practice into an organisation
· You are always keen to learn and grow your skills, and challenge the status quo to lead to more efficient management methods
· You are familiar with project management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, TFS or likewise
· You are comfortable to work in a highly interactive and challenging environment.
· Certified Scrum Master, or equivalent Agile PM experience
· Architecture experience in Java technologies, web-based and desktop clients, application servers as well as relational and NoSQL databases such as Couch or MongoDB.
· You have a thorough knowledge of build and deployment of Full Stack applications, including practice with automated testing frameworks like Selenium, Jasmine or similar tools.
· Knowledge of how systems outside the Java/.NET area are integrated and are familiar with technologies like REST, web services and messaging.
· You have worked with Docker in both development and production environments.
What’s it like working at New Step Search?
At New Step Search, we are innovative, passionate and progressive.
Benefits and perks of working with us include:
Compensation: Bonuses, Competitive salaries
Progression: Professional development