Job description & requirements
Shaping the future of payments
Koku is reimagining the way in which businesses handle payments. Cross-border payments cut too much into business' margins. We're changing this at Koku. We were founded with one mission in mind: to enhance financial solutions and empower lives, and we are committed to making financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world.
Passionate problem-solvers with bold personalities and a small ego are welcome. This is not just about taking a job with a title. This is about building something meaningful. We'll cut to the chase — working here isn’t for everyone. We move fast and we seek people with initiative. You’ll work alongside the most talented and driven individuals who value the autonomy and freedom to experiment. You'll be on our team not only because you're competent at what you do, but also because you share our vision and you're excited to share your opinions to design and build better payments experiences for our customers.
User Experience Designers will be responsible for crafting how individuals interact with our products and services. This is not a support role: you will collaborate closely with various stakeholders in the company to understand and prioritise design requirements to support business goals. You will be involved in every part of the design process, from product research to prototyping and user testing to enhance the product experience.
Things you'll do
- Translate high-level requirements and use cases into process flows, low to high fidelity wireframes, UI designs flowcharts, and interactive prototypes
- Define UI elements across iOS, Android and web platforms, and build a living style guide to communication the brand's design system
- Conduct usability testing and gather insights from user's feedback
- Work closely with developers to implement design specifications
- Develop an engaging brand voice and product style to craft a delightful user experience
- Drive consistency and clarity in tone, terminology and put in place a systematic approach for all product copy that follows a set of guidelines
Skills you'll need
- 1+ years of experience as a user experience or user interface designer (Fresh grads are welcome as well!)
- Knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Framer and other similar tools
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex concepts, processes or products with clear and concise language and visuals
- Resonate with our mission to make financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world
- Inquisitive with an analytical mind to understand the various facets of developing a product, from technical requirements to business decisions.
- Driven and proactive in exploring creative solutions to solve challenging problems
- Unafraid to challenge the team if you feel something can be done in a better way
- Communicative, fun and open-minded to work together with
Bonus skills and attributes
- A keen eye for interaction design, including a strong grasp of graphic design fundamentals (typography, layout, color theory, etc.)
- You enjoy writing and speaking about design
- Have previous experience in startups, especially in the FinTech domain