Job description & requirements
We are only looking for applicants from Singapore.
Rate is looking for engaged and enthusiastic Back-end Engineers who will be responsible for systems which are open-source in nature. You will be developing protocol systems which interface with other blockchains and provide public-facing APIs. You are no stranger to blockchain. You love writing production-ready open-source code and communicating with contributors and developers at Github.
Your Responsibilites include:
- Designing and build key components of Rate3 network systems in Go
- Develop and deploy elegant smart contracts using Solidity and other smart contract language as needed
- Design new architectures and subsystems, working with the CTO and other senior engineers
- Help to hit critical product milestones by writing clean, maintainable code
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Author detailed technical feature specifications and proposals
- Work closely with collaborators in the community or partner enterprises
- Keep up with latest technologies in the blockchain space and understand when and where to adopt them.
We expect you to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Have Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years real-world experience developing software
- Possess strong communication skills to lead technical discussions (online and offline)
- Have a passion for fintech, payments, e-commerce and cryptocurrencies
Good to have:
- Experience with Solidity, web3.js and Stellar SDK
- Open source experience
- Knowledge on consensus algorithms
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
What We Offer:
Rate is a venture-backed blockchain company in the fintech space. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to and contribute in the fintech, payment and ecommerce space. Gain invaluable experience working alongside our engineering team.
What’s it like working at Rate?
At Rate, we are collaborative, energetic, innovative, vibrant and driven.
Benefits and perks of working with us include:
Compensation: Bonuses, Competitive salaries
Lifestyle: Casual dress code, Company outings, Flexible hours, Recreational area, Work-from-home
Progression: Professional development
Welfare: Dental insurance, Employee discounts, Health insurance, Paid sick days, Vacation time, Wellness programs
We get shit done. Beautifully.