Job description & requirements
Ninja Van is on a mission to dominate delivery for e-commerce in South East Asia. We are one of the fastest growing startups in the region - founded in mid-2014, we have already won over 3,000 merchants and deliver 15,000 parcels a day in four countries. In April 2016, barely 2 years old, we raised USD30 million to fund our rapid expansion.
At our core we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting edge software and operational concepts. Driven by algorithm-based optimization, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and capacity balancing with partner fleets, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
We are on the lookout for world-class talent to join our world-class engineering team. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain software that powers Ninja Van's complex logistics operations.
- Work in cross functional teams with product managers, UX designers and QA engineers to ship software on-quality and on-time.
- Write code that you are proud of, with extensibility, scalability and performance in mind.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
- 1-5 years of backend or frontend software development in a product company, with a proven track record of shipping successful software products.
- New graduates with relevant internship experience also welcome.
- Hands-on experience in our tech stack or similar technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
- Data storage: MySQL cluster, ElasticSearch
- Data access, messaging: Hibernate, Hazelcast, Kafka
- Server core: Java on Play, microservices
- Frontend: HTML5/AngularJS web apps, native Android apps, React Native apps
- Infrastructure and deployment: Docker, Kubernetes