Job description & requirements
Ninja Van is on a mission to dominate e-commerce logistics in Southeast Asia. We are one of the fastest growing startups in the region - founded in mid-2014, we have already won over 6,000 merchants and deliver more than 2 million parcels a month across six countries. In Jan 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimization, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
We are on the lookout for world-class talent to fill our world-class engineering team. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the user experience design of all Ninja Van products for both our B2B as well as B2C products and services
- Build and lead a lean team of junior UX designers, providing mentoring and training as and when required
- Work in conjunction with a team of product managers and engineers to deliver the best possible products for enterprise clients and end consumers
- Create and own Ninja Van UX strategy, including establishing UX processes as well as UI style guides
- Contribute directly, oversee and approve the creation of all wireframes, prototypes, user flow diagrams and interaction designs
- Represent Ninja Van at key industry events where required
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a professional UI/UX design role
- You enjoy crafting and delivering compelling products in a fast-growing, fast pace, rapidly changing environment that delights users
- You possess a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, usability and accessibility concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Must have an online portfolio
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting to and influencing senior management
- Sketch, Illustrator
- Balsamiq, Invision, Zeppelin