Job description & requirements
About Ninja Van
Ninja Van is on a mission to dominate e-commerce logistics in Southeast Asia. We are one of the fastest growing startups in the region - founded in mid-2014, we have already won over 6,000 merchants and deliver more than 2 million parcels a month across six countries. In Jan 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimization, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
We are on the lookout for world-class talent to fill our world-class engineering team. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will lead and manage the QA team at Ninja Van and be responsible for the quality of all software releases. Your team will define the test strategy, develop processes and tools, and thoroughly test Ninja Van software which includes client and server side products, API platform and server infrastructure.
- Significantly increase our test automation coverage, work with developers to integrate automated testing into the CI process.
- Work with product team to understand requirements to create comprehensive test plans and execute them.
- Drive the adoption of QA best practices through the whole team.
- Support other test areas including performance, load, security.
- Help set and fulfill the QA staffing plan, including sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- Be very hands-on in manual and automated testing. This is especially true in the beginning as you build up your team.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in automated and manual testing in web and mobile apps.
- At least 2 years as engineering manager or senior engineering team lead; proven track record of successfully leading teams.
- High proficiency in scripting with Selenium Webdriver is necessary
- Good understanding of Java development is necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert understanding of software QA, including best practices, processes and various levels of testing.
- Highly skilled in automated test tools for web, mobile and server-side software.
- Strong experience in configuration and release management.
- Data storage: Percona XtraDB Cluster, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra
- In-Memory data grid: Hazelcast
- Real-time data pipeline: Apache Kafka
- Backend webservice stack: Play (Java 8), GoLang, Node.js
- Web frontend: AngularJS, React
- Mobile: Android SDK, React Native
- Containerization: Kubernetes (Docker)