Nmbrs BV is a knowledge-intensive IT-service provider in online HR- and payroll applications. Nmbrs BV is an organization that outlined it’s strategy based on the newest online Microsoft technics. Our product Nmbrs® is developed with the idea that it should contribute to the optimization of HR- and payroll processes for our clients. And with great success: Over 700 companies have already chosen Nmbrs® to manage their personnel and payroll and more than 600 accounting firms work enthusiastically with Nmbrs® on daily basis.
A typical workweek for a .NET Developer at Nmbrs:
- Monday morning you check in with your colleagues here in Lisbon and via Slack with your colleagues in Amsterdam. You tell all about your weekend and hear about theirs.
- Then you will go to the Jira board and pick up the top priorities. This can be implementing a new feature or solving maintenance issues, always prioritizing based on business value (either pair programming or by yourself) or you can be meeting up with some of the other developers to spar on designing a solution or improving the code base.
- Twice a week you will attend your squad meets: the planning and the retrospectives. On your request and the depending on the seniority of the team, this meetings can/will be attended by your agile coach to implement the agile workstyle even better and also to help you and your team grow and get better.
- When you start with us you will probably have one or two catch-ups a week with your mentor, who helps you to become a senior Nmbrs employee. If you work at Nmbrs for a longer period, you will probably be a mentor yourself.
- You play an active role in designing the solution to our customers needs. On Thursday you will check if all signs are green for our weekly release. After the release you monitor if all lights stay green and take ownership over potential live issues.
- You can join one of the many initiatives to do a sport or fun and games, but that is only if you want. Each day we have lunch together in the office. On Friday we have a drink together to end the week.
Your multifunctional squad will have the following expertise
As a .NET developer you will be part of a multi-disciplinary self steering team which takes full ownership of their part of the product. You will collaborate with the team to improve the product, prioritize your product backlog and improve the teamwork.
- Quality expertise
- Customer focused expertise
- Product Expertise
- Technical expertise
Your specialist team consist of the following people:
Our specialist team of developers consist of 18 people. The average age is 29 years. 13 developers are working from our Lisbon office, 5 are based in Amsterdam. The majority of our developers have a Master or PHD Degree.
- We are looking for you if you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a .NET developer
- Strong knowledge of .NET with Visual Studio (C #, ASP.NET, MVC)
- Experience with WebForms, XML and REST integrations
- Interest and curiosity to work with Microservices (uhuh!)
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server / T-SQL
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery & continuous integration and have seen/worked (nice to have) with continuous deployment.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies. *
We are looking for you if you are:
- Team player and you like to actively help your colleagues.
- Advocating collaborative decision making
- Up-to-date with new technologies, applications and environments
- Keen to develop yourself and grow along with the company.
- Able to handle vague problems and requirements.
- Fun in your own way
- Health insurance
- International, young and bold company. We want to bring payroll processing to another level.
- Ambitious environment, constantly challenging ourselves
- Lots of ways to develop yourself and get lost in the newest techniques, work styles and software engineering best practices.
- An agile working environment.
- Working in Lisbon is possible on occasion. We have an apartment there, which you can use, when available
- Helpful, smart and fun colleagues.