Job description & requirements
At Sparkline, we are in the people business! Our Analytics Consultants are passionate about helping our Client’s use data to develop a multi-view of their customer and deliver improvements across the customer journey to achieve competitive advantage and amazing customer experiences.
As a senior member of the team you’ll leverage your consultancy experience to partner with the Business Development Team, qualifying business opportunities through innovative analytics solutions to real business problems. You keep connected with the ever evolving digital technology landscape to help identify new solutions and skills that could create greater opportunities to deepen our Client relationships.
Driving impact at the account level, you’ll develop deep knowledge of the Client’s business and establish measurement strategies using advanced analytics techniques. As a passionate storyteller you can present your insights in the form of a narrative. You’ll lead whiteboard sessions, share solution proposals, deliver presentations and run training sessions for colleagues and Clients alike. You are comfortable across all communication channels and can tailor your message to help cross functional stakeholders connect with the bigger picture.
You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and not having all pieces of the puzzle in front of you. Your natural ability with numbers and statistics, combined with your experience using agile data sets and external resources, will allow you to identify opportunities and provide rich recommendations for your Client. You’ll take an independent approach to work planning and use your experience to preempt and mitigate issues to deliver on time, every time.
You’ll be a coach and mentor for the Analyst Team helping them ideate beyond the immediate deliverables to provide creative solutions. Using your experience leading team meetings and think tank sessions as well as delivering presentations and training sessions, you will be able to use different approaches to grow the bench strength of the team. Being commercially minded, you will work with the team to identify opportunities to drive efficiency and scale in all that we do.
At Sparkline social capital is king! Your success will be based on your ability to collaborate, cooperate and ideate with Sparks from across the business. Demonstrating your natural bias for action, you’ll chase every opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles and contribute to delivering impactful solutions for our clients. You will be a passionate learner with the ability to pick up new tools and languages with ease.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics (preferred) or related field
- 5 years in a digital marketing/data analytics role in eCommerce, Publisher or Consulting Firms
- 2 years leading a small team and/or project team with client facing responsibilities
- 2 years working with analytics and tag management solutions; specifically the Adobe and Google Analytics Suites.
- Broad knowledge of the MarTech landscape and expertise in the main channels of online acquisition, related technologies and analytics tools; Advertising (Search Engines, SEO, SEM, Bid-management Tools, AdExchange etc), Marketing (Display, Content, Email etc), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc), eCommerce.
- Understanding of the statistical algorithms typically used in Marketing Analytics
- Practical experience using Advanced Excel VBA, R and/or SQL
What’s it like working at Sparkline?
At Sparkline, we’re not interested in being ‘the smartest guy in the room’! We want to be a trusted partner, strategic asset and integral part of our Client’s business. We are a small team and at our strongest when we leverage each other’s strengths. We roll up our sleeves and move at lightning pace to get the job done.
- Passion for digital and data, and the value it brings to both consumers and businesses
- Dedication to become a value based partner, delivering above and beyond Client expectations
- Humility to work integrity, good intent and transparency
- Curiosity to explore the possibilities and the opportunities from the information you are given
- Creativity to see beyond the answer and use insights to effectively reach potential customers
- Fail Fast, Learn Faster it’s about progress not perfection
- Entrepreneurial in attitude and action, effortlessly innovating and adapting
- Embrace Change - ‘It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those that can best manage change’....that’s Charles Darwin by the way!