Job description & requirements
Homage is redefining in-home caregiving for our parents, grandparents, friends and loved ones. At the heart of Homage are the families and caregivers we work with and the technology we build transforms their lives and care delivery experience. Here, everyone works on exciting, meaningful projects. We move fast, have fun and help each other out.
We’re looking for people who are talented, thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who share our values and passion for what we do. Your work will directly impact the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage seeks a QA Engineer who is passionate about driving quality of our software (both web & mobile) to a higher level. You should aim for bug-free software and not settle for anything less. Our ideal candidate loves all aspects of testing software, but is also able to work with our engineers to help them produce high quality software by supporting them in setting up unit tests & integration test scripts.
Your main responsibility is to ensure we release high quality software applications to our users. Activities include:
- Establish product quality standards for our development processes
- Support unit- & integration testing
- Write test plans & test cases, prepare data sets for testing
- Execute manual testing in a structured, reproducible way
- Setup automated testing & write automated tests
- Manage QA coverage of multiple web and mobile based projects
- Work with different teams (Engineering/PM/Operation) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and also provide feedback on quality issue
- Help in triaging bugs and driving issue to resolutions
- Drive to improve Software QA processes
- Become a trusted voice of quality, through earned credibility and demonstrated consistency. Build strong relationships with internal and external partners, and influence decision making through data collection and analysis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 1-3 years of experience with software testing (web and/or mobile)
- Ability to construct test cases from product requirement document (PRDs)
- BS degree in Computer science is preferred, but not required
- Experience with software automation test suites
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and handle multiple projects at the same time, acting both independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What’s it like working at Homage?
Working at Homage is fast-paced and filled with a sense of teamwork, friendship and mission, where everyone is working hard at building an impactful product that people love and making a real difference in people's lives.