Job description & requirements
Meltwater’s Enterprise Solutions takes responsibility for some of the company’s biggest clients worldwide by revenue. We deliver business-essential intelligence reports based on our keen analyses of various media outlets which Meltwater prides itself upon. Our core competency of high adaptability to client’s requirements and fast turnarounds comes from the unique team of individuals composed of diverse skill sets. We always strive to break new grounds, constantly focusing on solution-oriented approaches, at the same time developing every individual to his or her full capacity.
Role & Responsibilities
What to expect as a Media Analyst?
- Get trained in media monitoring, analytics & crisis management
- Learn the inner workings of mainstream and social media landscape
- Share and contribute best practices in Quantitative and Qualitative techniques
- Analyze mainstream media and social media content to draw meaningful insights to help clients' business growth
- Work with a team cohesively to ensure all tasks are delivered on time
- Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline) with strong academic results
- Entry level candidates / have maximum 1 to 2 years of work experience
- Strong editorial writing skills in English
- Fluent in one of the following languages: Mandarin / Chinese and / or Malay and / or Tamil
- Excellent report writing skills – experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Able to work flexible hours / rotational shifts
Experience in any of the following areas:
- Market research, data analytics or exposure to mainstream and social media
- Agency experience, specifically a client-servicing role with report writing experience is preferred
- Experience in data visualisation and using dashboard tools, Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
- Good analytical and logical skills – able to translate data into actionable insights in the simplest and most concise manner, have an eye for detail, and ask “what does this mean?" to the data
- Able to think critically – look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Meticulous – data is precise, exercise vigilance in the analysis to come to correct conclusions
- Some familiarity with different research methodologies and basic analysis methods
What’s it like working at Meltwater Singapore?
At Meltwater Singapore, we are collaborative, energetic, innovative, vibrant and passionate.
Benefits and perks of working with us include:
Compensation: Bonuses, Competitive salaries
Family benefits: Paid maternity / paternity leave
Lifestyle: Casual dress code, Company outings, Recreational area
Progression: Professional development
Welfare: Health insurance, Paid sick days, Vacation time
Meltwater culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess. We create an environment where our people are motivated by their colleagues to discover new strengths and shine even brighter. We keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive within every team and every department—delighting in hard work and relishing the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it.