Job description & requirements
We have embarked on a journey where we can support more restaurants around the world with a scalable, robust system. By joining our Tech team, you get to work on a product that has revolutionized the way food & beverages establishments can grow their own delivery and takeout business. The team constantly tackles challenges in payments, notifications, mapping, and complex algorithms so as to deliver a simple, seamless experience for both businesses and consumers.
What you will do:
- Realise design and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build and maintain high-performance, reusable and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application Identify and correct bottlenecks and bugs
- Maintain code quality, organisation and automatisation
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and web technologies to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices such as material design
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”, “swipe” and “long presses”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration Well verse in Retrofit, Realm, RxJava, ButterKnife, Dagger2 and other libraries
What’s it like working at Oddle?
Looking to immerse yourself right at the heart of the start-up ecosystem? You are looking at the “next big thing”. Since our inception in 2014 as a B2B company, Oddle has been a leading force in offering the best-in-class enterprise software that transforms how restaurants participate in the online revolution and how people order food online.
With Oddle, you can be part of creating the most exciting user experiences for people all over the world. With more than 60 people across our offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Taipei and Vietnam, we strive to be world-changing and continue blazing the trail - creating the most exhilarating food ordering consumer experiences and improving business decisions through data.
An intuitive and seamless food ordering system for our users is what we constantly seek to provide. We take convenience and engagement to a whole new level. As one of the world’s most transformative start-ups, we ensure that food ordering will never be the same again.