We are looking for motivated back-end web developers, that enjoy working with state of the art technologies and develop solutions from the ground-up. All our software was developed in-house, with full stack control.
Our current product uses Typescript on the NodeJS backend, tightly coupled to a PostgreSQL database. We prefer parameterized SQL to an ORM.
Main Purpose of the role
- Be one of the senior developers of our product, with a deep understanding of all the technical solutions implemented;
- Test focused, makes sure no new functionality goes to production without proper tests;
- Development of new functionality;
- Maintenance and improvement of existing code and architecture.
- Understand and actively contribute to the existing software architecture;
- Follow recommended software development best practices, from helping to clearly define the requirements, plan the development, implement, test, and re-iterate whenever needed;
- Maintain a desirable equilibrium between quality code and speed of development. Your code needs to be understood by all. You need to make sure you understand everybody’s code;
- Tests – whether you are a TDD enthusiast or not, you need to clearly understand the need for tests and have experience implementing them;
- Responsibility: your job does not end when you commit – you need to follow through to make sure all the changes and features added really fit the requirements, and adjust accordingly;
- Team work – experience leading teams is a plus. We strongly appreciate autonomous persons, but effective team work capabilities are a requirement.
- At least 2 to 3 years experience with the technologies requested or similar
- Typescript - or good experience with strongly typed languages
- Experience with relational databases - PostgreSQL preferable
- Fluent English (both written and spoken – we are an international team)
- Autonomous worker when needed, always a team member
- Result oriented
Nice to have
- Functional programming
- Security knowledge
- Team leader
- Health Insurance
- Nice location on Beautiful Lisbon Downtown
- Free coffee
- Competitive salary based on experience