AfterShip Limited might be able to provide a visa.
We are looking for experienced senior backend engineers with experience in building successful products or systems. If you are interested in building world-class developer-friendly APIs that empower developers to automate shipping and tracking process for businesses - we look forward to hearing from you!
AfterShip communicates externally and internally through RESTful APIs and process billions of requests per month, which means your jobs here bring impact to the global eCommerce community.
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship (if required)
FYI, our tech stacks:
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: MongoDB, Google Spanner, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio, Contentful, Google Analytics
- Collaborating with product managers, product designers and frontend engineers to define and build enterprise-scale features from concept to execution
- Applying best practices to building scalable APIs with high maintainability
- Designing API architecture and interface that developers love
- Building new RESTful API endpoints that fit in with the rest of our API
- Building infrastructure that’s specific to our APIs, e.g. serving webhooks with low latency
- Ensuring we maintain our service SLAs
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 4+ experience experience with Node.js (our main coding language), engineers who have an interest to pick up Node.js with prior experience with Python / Java / PHP / Ruby are also welcome
- Hands-on experience building APIs, preferably for external developers