Job description & requirements
UpCode Academy is a programming school in Singapore. We train and upgrade people with industry ready coding skills. Instead of employing full-time teachers, our classes are taught by current working professionals and leaders.
Started since September 2017, we have run 22 courses and events for over 550 students. The types of classes it runs are in the following genres:
1. Data Science and Machine Learning
2. Hardware Engineering
3. Deep-Tech: Clean Energy and Med-Tech
5. Web and Mobile App Programming
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to build and lead practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culturethat emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
The Human Resources Manager coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Manager:
- Health and safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development of the staff.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams and community events support, company philanthropic giving, and benefits
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning.
- Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- With the CEO, CFO, and community relations group, plans the company's philanthropic and charitable giving.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.