Job description & requirements
Shaping the future of payments
Koku is reimagining the way in which businesses handle payments. Cross-border payments cut too much into business' margins. We're changing this at Koku. We were founded with one mission in mind: to enhance financial solutions and empower lives, and we are committed to making financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world.
Passionate problem-solvers with bold personalities and a small ego are welcome. This is not just about taking a job with a title. This is about building something meaningful. We'll cut to the chase — working here isn’t for everyone. We move fast and we seek people with initiative. You’ll work alongside the most talented and driven individuals who value the autonomy and freedom to experiment. You'll be on our team not only because you're competent at what you do, but also because you share our vision and you're excited to share your opinions to design and build better payments experiences for our customers.
At Koku, we are different. Our engineers do not just hide behind screens and mindlessly push code without examining the impact of their own work. We are looking for passionate software engineers who take pride and ownership in their work to join our fast-growing team in Singapore.
You will conceptualise and develop our core APIs to support our front-end engineers and external developers. The best part? You will not be writing lines of code in a silo by yourself. We work across departments to understand various facets of the business in order to prioritise user stories and suggest appropriate technology choices to deliver the sprints.
At Koku, you will not be just a cog in the wheel. We built this place to provide opportunities for talented individuals who are driven to build meaningful products. As a young startup, we are bound to encounter plenty of stormy waters ahead. But we are not afraid - we brave obstacles together and emerge stronger as one. And this is why we are different.
Things you'll do
- Collaborate with the global engineering team to achieve user-centric applications excellence
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Front-end web application development and API integration
Skills you'll need Technical
- Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong understanding in Object Oriented Concepts (OOP) and proven ability in applying these concepts
- Excellent SQL and database fundamentals
- Experience with .NET technologies such as ASP.NET, WebAPI and MS SQL
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git), continues integration build tools (Jenkins or TFS)
- Resonate with our mission to make financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world
- Inquisitive with an analytical mind to understand the various facets of developing a product, from technical requirements to business decisions.
- Driven and proactive in exploring creative solutions to solve challenging problems
- Empathetic with our customers' pain points and base your decisions on solving their problems
- Unafraid to challenge the team if you feel something can be done in a better way
- Communicative, fun and open-minded to work together with
Bonus skills and attributes
- Practical understanding of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience in Azure or AWS
- Have an understanding of Micro-service architecture
- Have previous experience in startups, especially in the FinTech domain
- Actively contribute back to the community through open source repositories, blogging, public speaking
Method of application:
Submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please describe why you want to work in this specific position and what you can contribute to the team.