Job description & requirements
At Sparkline, we are in the people business! Our Analytics Consultants are passionate about helping our Client’s use data to develop a multi-view of their customer and deliver improvements across the customer journey to achieve competitive advantage and amazing customer experiences.
As a Senior Consultant you’ll use your consultancy toolkit to build a strategic partnership with the Client. You’ll build a working knowledge of the Client’s business, leverage industry knowledge and analytics techniques to provide creative solutions to solve real business problems. This, paired with an inquisitive style and proven ability to get to the root of a problem, will ensure you deliver cohesive and scaleable ideas for our Clients.
In this role you will leverage your advanced analytics capabilities to develop creative measurement strategies that maximise visibility and activate opportunity for our Clients. As a passionate storyteller you present your insights in the form of a narrative, using all communication channels to convey your message and help cross functional stakeholders connect with the bigger picture.
You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and not having all pieces of the puzzle in front of you. Your natural ability with numbers and statistics, combined with your experience using agile data sets and external resources, will allow you to identify opportunities and provide rich recommendations for your Client. You keep connected with the ever evolving digital technology landscape to help identify new solutions and skills that could create greater opportunities.
In this client facing role, you’ll take an independent approach to work planning and use your experience to preempt and mitigate issues to deliver on time, every time. You will keep the Client up to date, not only on progress but on the impact and value being generated every step of the way.
At Sparkline social capital is king! Your success will be based on your ability to collaborate, cooperate and ideate with Sparks from across the business. Demonstrating your natural bias for action, you’ll chase every opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles and contribute to delivering impactful solutions for our clients. You’ll enjoy working with a degree of ambiguity and see the challenge in not having all the pieces of the puzzle in front of you. You will be a passionate learner with the ability to pick up new tools and languages with ease.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics (preferred) or related field
- 3 years in a digital marketing/data analytics role in eCommerce, Publisher or Consulting Firms
- 2 years leading a small team and/or project team with client facing responsibilities
- 2 years working with analytics and tag management solutions; specifically the Adobe and Google Analytics Suites.
- Broad knowledge of the MarTech landscape and expertise in the main channels of online acquisition, related technologies and analytics tools; Advertising (Search Engines, SEO, SEM, Bid-management Tools, AdExchange etc), Marketing (Display, Content, Email etc), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc), eCommerce.
- Understanding of the statistical algorithms typically used in Marketing Analytics
- Practical experience using Advanced Excel VBA, R and/or SQL
What’s it like working at Sparkline?
At Sparkline, we’re not interested in being ‘the smartest guy in the room’! We want to be a trusted partner, strategic asset and integral part of our Client’s business. We are a small team and at our strongest when we leverage each other’s strengths. We roll up our sleeves and move at lightning pace to get the job done.
- Passion for digital and data, and the value it brings to both consumers and businesses
- Dedication to become a value based partner, delivering above and beyond Client expectations
- Humility to work integrity, good intent and transparency
- Curiosity to explore the possibilities and the opportunities from the information you are given
- Creativity to see beyond the answer and use insights to effectively reach potential customers
- Fail Fast, Learn Faster it’s about progress not perfection
- Entrepreneurial in attitude and action, effortlessly innovating and adapting
- Embrace Change - ‘It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those that can best manage change’....that’s Charles Darwin by the way!