We are a crazy ambitious group of engineers that aim to revolutionise how companies operate, starting off with the energy & utilities and heavy industry sectors. To achieve this, we are building a powerful prediction engine that leverages machine learning and distributed computing. This allows us to rapidly develop software solutions that predict failures of mission-critical equipment weeks or months before they actually happen. Join one or more of our engineering teams working on mind-blowing new technology!
You'll be working together with other data scientists and machine learning engineers in small project teams of 3 to 4 people to build world-changing solutions. Whether it's developing a predictive maintenance solution for hundreds of wind turbines, or solving an industry-wide manufacturing defect for a steel manufacturer, you're comfortable to knock any challenge out of the park using a laptop and a cup of coffee.
As a data scientist at Jungle you will have the opportunity to experience the entire cycle: defining and setting up a pilot, building a proof-of-concept, deploying the first version, and finally rolling out the product over the entire industry. You will also spend time exchanging ideas with our researchers about the next generation of machine learning algorithms and data augmentation techniques. The only things that your days here will have in common is that they're challenging and exciting!
Why do we need you?
- We need people to help us develop new products. Carrying out exploratory data analyses, formulating machine learning cases or coming up with clever features during white-boarding sessions with your team. Training state-of-the-art models will be part of your week-to-week activities.
- We rapidly roll out existing products over different clients within an industry. You will speed up the process by automating the most time-consuming parts of these trajectories.
- We are building technology to remove as much manual work from our activities as possible. By contributing to our tools you will enable Jungle engineers to work more efficiently.
- As machine learning is becoming a common term, we need you to help the world dream about the possibilities of this technology whilst remaining humble and down to earth.
Data scientist vs Senior Data Scientist
We offer positions for both Data scientist as Senior Data Scientist. The main difference is that as a Senior Data Scientist, you will lead a data science team and be responsible for developing a product. Of course, we will ensure you get your fair share of data science exposure.
- You have worked with machine learning in a professional setting for at least 2 years, or have equivalent experience.
- You have a MSc or PhD degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field, or you have equivalent experience.
- You work meticulously. People around you don't feel the need to verify your work for quality.
- You are very curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer.
- You are fluent in English, but also happily communicate in Python, or R.
- You know there is more to machine learning than deep learning.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.
- Additional requirements for Senior Data Scientist position: You have at least 4 years experience leading data science teams.
Nice to have
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience in Go
- You like bananas
- Work on state-of-the-art technology
- Research-driven environment with space to learn and experiment
- Scalable cloud infrastructure to run all your ML experiments (nerds only)
- Daily fuel to keep you going: breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Table tennis, board games and comfy office couch
- Regular team activities incl. TGIF at the roof terrace
- Part of the Beta-i community
- Flexible, friendly, and supportive start-up vibe
- A roaring opportunity to build and be a part of Portugal's wildest start-up!