Job description & requirements
This role offers the opportunity to have direct influence and responsibility to a modern video processing product that are used by millions of end users across the world. The product specialist will be responsible for the success of one of our core products. This involves working closely with sales team and client prospects to explain details of the product and explain why they should use it. Proactively update internal stakeholders for the market trend and new technologies.
Our clients rely on OMG technology to bring stable, engaging and interactive video experience to their users, through OTT video playback of live or recorded contents, low-latency mobile live broadcast or other applications.
That means you will spend most of your time on:
• Curating contents for product marketing, through presentations, website, blogs and other medium to let the market know about your product
• Supporting sales to work with client prospects for solution design, explaining product details, driving product demonstration and PoC development
• Championing the product, being the go-to person about everything related to the product, from feature details, competitors, technical advantages to pricing model.
• Understanding the problems faced by our clients and the industry in general, continuously researching and discussing with CTO and engineering team about innovative solutions to those problems.
• Prioritising the problems to be solved by the product using different metrics, presenting the roadmap in product committee, and sharing it regularly with the whole company
• Working with designer and engineers to decide on scope, writing detailed product requirement documents (PRD) with appropriate diagrams, sprint planning with engineering team
• Following up with engineering team closely on development status, clarifying any questions, facilitating unplanned changes and timely communications needed to management and project team
What we expect you to possess:
• At least 3 years of experience in business analysis, product management, software development or related areas
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or engineering disciplines with good grades
• Hands on coding experience in consumer applications or enterprise software solutions
• Active interest and passion in solving real-life problems using software solutions, sometimes also include hardware
• Perseverance, willing to do whatever it takes to make the product a success
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, able to think on the spot
• Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
• Willingness to travel to meet clients and participate in industry events
What’s it like working at Onwards Media Group Pte Ltd?
The company was founded with the vision of disrupting the video streaming industry. The team now consists of alumnus from top tier universities and industry experts, as well as ambitious and talented individuals who want to be part of it.
OMG excel in providing end-to-end video streaming solutions to our clients using software platforms developed in-house. Through patent pending technologies in data compressing and video distribution, our platform can stream high definition videos steadily to big display screens and mobile devices on only normal bandwidth.
Our video technology can be applied to many scenarios and businesses, including Content Delivery Network (CDN), Over-The-Top Television (OTT TV), real-time video capturing and broadcasting through mobile phones, integrated entertainment system, interactive advertising platforms, and virtual and augmented reality.