Job description & requirements
Are you interested in playing an important role in the evolving cryptocurrency space and working in a fast paced start-up? If so, we’d love to meet you!
Security Engineer Role
Alluma is a digital currency exchange focused on bringing game-changing liquidity, a first-class user experience, a broad coin portfolio and an advanced trading platform, to emerging markets. We are headquartered in Singapore with the role based in our leading market, India.
We are seeking a experienced, and organized security engineer to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in an overall security of our systems.
Security Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for overall security of our systems
- Own Alluma security infrastructure and policies, perform risk analyses
- Work with partners to ensure compliance of security requirements
- Investigate malware, targeted attacks, intrusion attempts, and vulnerabilities
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments and audits
- Build and implement automated intrusion and anomaly detection systems
- Perform code reviews; mentor and coach developers on engineering best practices
Security Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of direct Software Engineering experience
- At least 2 years in a Security Engineering or similar role
- Familiarity with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques
- Familiarity with threat modelling and risk identification techniques
- Experience preventing, identifying and remediating system and software vulnerabilities
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and various security audits
- ‘Can do’ attitude
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Familiar with OWASP, SDL. Relevant work experience in web application security.
- Information security professional certifications preferred (CISSP etc.)
- Constant learner who stays on top of latest security trends and best-practices
- Excited to work on a multicultural team spread across global offices
- Interest or passion for cryptocurrency, fintech, gadgets, mobile devices
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Open, collaborative work culture
What’s it like working at Alluma?
At Alluma, we are collaborative, adaptable, driven, fast paced and energetic.
Benefits and perks of working with us include:
Lifestyle: Casual dress code, Company outings, Flexible hours, Free food, Work-from-home