Job description & requirements
Engineers at Homage build things that matter – Homage is redefining in-home caregiving for our parents, grandparents, friends and loved ones. At the heart of Homage are the families and caregivers we work with and the technology we build transforms their lives and care delivery experience. Here, every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects. We move fast, have fun and help each other out. Mobile is a critical component of both our core operations as well as users’ experience.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and is excited to learn about and contribute to the server side. Your work will directly impact the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage is a complete home care solution that combines the curation and training of care professionals with smart technology to provide on-demand home caregiving to seniors, allowing them to age at home with comfort, dignity, control and grace. Using a web and mobile technology platform, Homage efficiently matches care recipients with qualified care professionals and schedules caregiving on an on-demand basis to provide recipients with home nursing care and assistance with daily activities. Homage works with both private clients and public organizations alike to provide high quality caregiving to seniors.
Homage software engineers have a penchant for solving unique problems; if you love and thrive on keeping up to date with and gaining a deep understanding of the latest web technologies, you will love working with us. Homage is as much about web design as it is about employing diverse areas of Computer Science, including machine learning, information retrieval, distributed computing and natural language processing to transform the home healthcare industry in Asia.
- Write both server-side and client-side code for web-based applications, create robust production applications for the various Homage products for families and caregivers, and develop prototypes quickly.
- You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with front-end and API development.
- Enable amazing user experiences on all our platforms and systems by using your strong background in both database and web development.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
- Three years of relevant work experience, including large systems software design and development experience, with knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- A Polyglot with experience applying multiple web development languages to live applications.
- Experience working with Message queuing tools like RabbitMQ
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart – you can be resourceful and creative to find the best solution that gets the job done or you’ve proven yourself at a startup before.
- You solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
What We Care About
- Passion and interest in web technology and pushing to change the status quo.
- Comfort with a startup's lack of structure and quick pace
- Getting shit done
- Communication skills
- Initiative and creativity
- Desire to learn
What We don't Care About
- Fancy credentials
- "Rock-Stars", "All-Stars", or "Ninjas"
- Specific schools
What’s it like working at Homage?
Working at Homage is fast-paced and filled with a sense of teamwork, friendship and mission, where everyone is working hard at building an impactful product that people love and making a real difference in people's lives.