Job description & requirements
We're looking for someone to join the engineering team at Xfers. Interested in building the next PayPal in Asia? Join us in our mission in creating a uniﬁed payment system across Asia that solves region speciﬁc payment problems.
Your primary responsibility will be assisting our merchants and internal team to resolve technical inquiries about Xfers. A Product Support Engineer exhibits strong communication skills, excels at customer interaction, demonstrates initiatives and technical skills in delivering practical business solutions and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
You love working with customers to help understand their needs and translate a product spec into functional, production ready code.
Things You Might Do
Xfers is a startup, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. Here are some things that you will be responsible for
- Provide technical guidance to merchants and developers in their implementation of Xfers's API.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to provide technical business solutions and answers to merchants and developers.
- Address Xfers product questions with our Sales and customer success departments.
- Attend meetings and take on leader role as point of contact or stakeholder for projects.
- Participate in the development of tools, systems and processes aimed at improving product supportability or overall support productivity.
- Advise management and appropriate groups on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Interested in understanding customers’ businesses and able to see how Xfers solution fits in for their particular use case.
- Good written (email) communication utilizing proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently while making sound recommendations to merchants and to internal Xfers teams.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Ability to multitask multiple systems, screens and tasks during customer contacts.
- Time Management and Adherence to schedules.
Proﬁcient in (able to provide examples with no resources):
- Web technologies including API, HTTP/HTTPS, HTML.
- Willingness to learn. You might need to pick up different programming languages (for our SDKs), or parts of the web stack you are unfamiliar with when troubleshooting. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we are looking for candidates who take the initiative to explore.
- Preference for candidates who has experience in developing web applications (PHP, Python or Ruby on Rails).
What’s it like working at Xfers?
The vast majority of the world’s payment system is based on credit cards. Xfers’ mission is to build an Internet Banking Payments API layer across Southeast Asia to facilitate trade across the region, so that the overall economy in the region can thrive and be seen as a cohesive economic region.
When that happens, the quality of life in the region on the whole will improve signiﬁcantly. We think that Xfers will have an enormous long term impact in this region.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe that credentials don't say everything. What you love doing is way more important than the credentials you have.
Xfers is backed by YCombinator, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures and Eduardo Saverin.