Job description & requirements
Our client is a disruptive Singapore based product company with over 100 staff and growing from strength to strength. They are expanding their development team extensively, and are seeking a Senior PHP Developer. PHP developers form the backbone of the engineering team, handling a range of tasks from server-side development to the building, maintaining, and fixing the inner workings of our software products.
Part of our Engineering team, you'll thrive in this environment if you are self-motivated and detail-oriented, and can architect and engineer clean, well-documented code. This is a great opportunity to work on a number of innovative and disruptive features and work closely with cross functional teams to ship world class products, in a growing, dynamic and forward thinking start up environment.
· Architect, engineer, maintain, and optimise new and existing code for all assigned products
· Produce documentation for code and development
· Understand and communicate what works, what doesn't, and why to the product team from a technical perspective
· Work closely with other developers and other functional teams in an advanced Agile environment
· write clear, well-organized, reusable modular code and library for the team of developers.
· At least 3 years of experience working with PHP and MySQL (LAMP).
· Architecture and development experience
· Experience with CodeIgniter or any of Yaf, Zend, CakePHP, Yii, Kohana etc.
· Expert skills in OOP, maintainability and performance optimization
· Experience with vue.js, Angular.js etc.
· Experience with SVN or Git.
· Experience with REST, SOAP, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, CDN, Elastic Search etc.
· Basic knowledge in system administration (Linux) and familiar with working with Linux based PHP environment and bash scripting.
· Experience working in an AGILE framework
· Self-motivated, able to solve problems and ability to study and learn independently.
· Strong self-management skills and communication skills in English
· Mandarin speaking is a bonus to be able to communicate with China based teams
· Experience with SQL, valid HTML/HTML5 and CSS layouts is a bonus
· Interested in implementing robust web application, optimizing database performance, data caching and server caching etc.
What’s it like working at New Step Search?
At New Step Search, we are innovative, passionate and progressive.
Benefits and perks of working with us include:
Compensation: Bonuses, Competitive salaries
Progression: Professional development