Job description & requirements
StashAway's Backend team designs and builds automation of complex financial process within our brokerage and trading platform. It enables StashAway to optimise and manage our clients' assets regardless of economic conditions.
We are looking for a Team Lead for our Trading (a.k.a. Backend) platform, which is written in Scala on top of an open-source tech stack (Cassandra, Kafka, Akka and more).
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
- Continuously innovate and incorporate StashAway's dynamic investment strategy
- Promote success for team members along their career path at StashAway
- Provide technical mentorship and training to team members
- Strong background in Computer Science, or degree in Computer Science
- 6-8 years of experience in a developing distributed systems or microservice infrastructure
- Experience shipping mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Expertise in Java, and ideally at least one functional programming language (e.g. Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, Haskell)
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
- Prior work experience at a FinTech startup
- Moderate knowledge of finance and trading
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic devops skills (e.g. setting up of databases, deployment processes, etc.)
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
What’s it like working at StashAway?
Who we are?
Supported by prominent advisors in Singapore, the StashAway team is committed to providing the highest-quality investment advice and customer experience. Our team is composed of fund managers, developers, and engineers from Southeast Asia and Europe with deep experience working for CitiGroup, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, UBS, and hedge funds, amongst others.
StashAway is led by its three founders, Michele Ferrario, former CEO of ZALORA Group; Freddy Lim, former Global Head of Derivatives Strategy for Nomura; and Nino Ulsamer, founder of several technology companies around the world. The company was founded in Singapore in 2016 with the ambition of expanding to other fast-growing APAC markets as soon as 2018.